Btw, we offer about 200 new ready to use sharepoint workflow activities. Free download, examples and video at our web site: http://www.harepoint.com (see HarePoint Workflow Extensions). We will be glad change the license to your review :) We also has a freeware product HarePoint Workflow Scheduler to launch workflows automaticaly by schedule, for all or selected list items and so on. WBR, Alexander
Tim shares some recent lessons learned about working with SharePoint Designer workflows. Learn more about what activities are available from this beneficial tool.
I needed to display User information in a SharePoint Designer Workflow email activity that was associated with a “Person or Group” column in a list. I downloaded and installed from CodePlex the “Useful SharePoint Designer Custom Workflow Activities” (http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/). The “Lookup user info” activity was very helpful. There are also a number of other activities included in this download which I have not used including:
- Send Email with HTTP File attachment – Allows sending emails with attachments retrieved using a web request
- Send Email with List Item attachments – Allows sending list item attachments as files attached to an email
- Start Another Workflow – Starts another workflow associated with a list item
- Grant Permission on Item – Allows granting of a specified permission level on a specified item
- Delete List Item Permission Assignment – Allows deleting of the specified permission level assignment for a given user
- Reset List Permissions Inheritance – Removes any unique permissions assigned to an item by inheriting list permissions
- Is User a member of a SharePoint group – Checks if a given user is part of a given SharePoint group
- Is Role assigned to User – Checks if a user role is already assigned on the current list item
- NEW! Copy List Item Extended Activity – Allows copying/moving list items and files across sites.
- NEW! Send Email Extended – Enhanced version of the OOTB activity. Allows you to specify the sender. Also does not break links in body.
Thanks to Paul Kotlyar and others for providing these valuable activities.
Unfortunately, I have only used the Look User Info activity and haven't worked with the other activities, so I can't really help you with this one.
So, I am trying to send the infoPath form as an attachment to a set of users... When i use Send Email with List Item Attachment, it comes up with errors as, of course, it is looking for an attachment instead of the current Item itself. Any suggestions on how that can be handled ?