I needed to display User information in a SharePoint Designer Workflow email activity that was associated with a “Person or Group” column in a list. I downloaded and installed from CodePlex the “Useful SharePoint Designer Custom Workflow Activities” (http://spdactivities.codeplex.com/). The “Lookup user info” activity was very helpful. There are also a number of other activities included in this download which I have not used including:
- Send Email with HTTP File attachment – Allows sending emails with attachments retrieved using a web request
- Send Email with List Item attachments – Allows sending list item attachments as files attached to an email
- Start Another Workflow – Starts another workflow associated with a list item
- Grant Permission on Item – Allows granting of a specified permission level on a specified item
- Delete List Item Permission Assignment – Allows deleting of the specified permission level assignment for a given user
- Reset List Permissions Inheritance – Removes any unique permissions assigned to an item by inheriting list permissions
- Is User a member of a SharePoint group – Checks if a given user is part of a given SharePoint group
- Is Role assigned to User – Checks if a user role is already assigned on the current list item
- NEW! Copy List Item Extended Activity – Allows copying/moving list items and files across sites.
- NEW! Send Email Extended – Enhanced version of the OOTB activity. Allows you to specify the sender. Also does not break links in body.
Thanks to Paul Kotlyar and others for providing these valuable activities.