Making SharePoint Social White Paper
Geoffery Moore, author of Crossing the Chasm, writes about the future of Enterprise IT in an AIIM white paper entitled A Sea Change in Enterprise IT. He describes two distinct system types, systems of record and systems of engagement. He explains why having only systems of record inside the enterprise is holding back the potential for progress and how the next evolution is to embrace systems of engagement. In this white paper, we will pick up where Mr. Moore left off and discuss in further detail how combining SharePoint, arguably one of the most popular systems of record, with Jive SBS, the leading system of engagement is quickly becoming next evolution in enterprise software.
Audience for this Paper
The primary audience for this white paper is business decision makers for mid-size to large enterprises. The content is targeted towards enterprises looking to:
- Get more out of their SharePoint investments.
- Drive productivity and innovation by engaging their social, mobile workforce.
- Make it easier for employees to create, share, and find the people and information needed to get work done and make decisions faster.
The secondary audience comprises technical decision makers including CIOs, software architects, and other enterprise technology leaders. Certain sections in this paper are technical in nature to provide pertinent details to assist decision-making.
Finally, other audiences that will benefit from reading the paper include:
- Product companies and ISVs interested in SharePoint and Jive.
- Senior management at enterprises interested in learning more about using SharePoint and Jive together.
- Anyone interested in learning how to use the latest in social business technology in light of current technology investments.
Though a background in Jive and SharePoint is beneficial for the audience member, it is not a requirement. There are specific sections in the white paper that cover the backgrounds and the basics of the two products.